Hi guys! So, I’ve been obsessing with making notebooks these past days. I decided to attempt and make a tutorial for it, partly because I received a message asking how I made it and partly because I enjoy making them. So here I am attempting to make a tutorial for the first time.
These DIY notebooks are useful for jotting down to-do lists, using it as an inspiration notebook, travel journal ( one notebook for short travels) , drawing sketches, bucket list journal and whatever else you want to do with it. It is customizable so you could pick how you prefer to use it.
1. Cardstock Paper/ Scrapbook Paper
2. Assorted paper (White, Graph, Lined) | 8 1/2 x 11 |
3. Hammer | Scissors | Screw/ Nail
4. Needle and Thread
1. Fold the card stock paper and assorted paper in half.Cut along the dotted lines. ( I used 5 pieces of white paper; this creates 20 pages for the notebook)
2. Fold the papers in half again.
3. Put dots on the card stock paper for the preferred spacing for binding the notebook.
4. Use the hammer and screw/nail to make the holes necessary for sewing.
5. Take the needle and thread (your colour preference) and start doing a basic stitch.
6. Keep stitching until you have sewed all of the papers together.
And there you have it, a functional notebook.
the notebook problem: you see a notebook. you want to buy the notebook. but you know you have like TEN OTHER NOTEBOOKS. most which are STILL EMPTY. you don’t need to notebook. you’re probably not gonna use the notebook anyway. what’s the point? DONT BUY THE NOTEBOOK. you buy the notebook.
- Steve Maraboli (via elige)