112/365: April 22, 2014
Happy Earth day! The grasses are turning green. It’s making me happy.
Lately, or perhaps the past few years, I’ve been feeling stagnant in so many ways. One of the reasons why I feel like I am not moving forward is that I am too far away from the reality that life is not all about the good and beautiful things. I can’t always expect life to be dandy and exciting. There are things in everyday living that I must learn to accept : taking responsibilities, doing the boring stuff, being in the present, and waking up early everyday to create a better future for myself.
If I had the opportunity to just travel, I would take that chance right away. It feels so great to travel to a foreign place and be surprise by the wonderful things that the place has to offer. It offers a different sense and perspective of what life could be. But I know, there is time for travel and there is time for doing what I am suppose to be doing.
There are so many great things I want to achieve in life, and I am holding myself back almost all the time. One of the hindrances is that I want to be some place other than here.
111/365: April 21, 2014
A guilty pleasure of mine.
109/365: April 19, 2014
I visited a book sale and found these three for only $ 4. I think they were meant for me.
106/365: April 16, 2014
I’ll fall in love over and over again, despite the risks that come with it.
There are so many things to learn, but there’s not enough time.
"1) Eat better. You have a chalkboard; use it. Make menus. Plan meals.
2) Read at least one chapter of a book for fun each day.
3) Go on a drive once a week. Have no particular destination other than a stop for iced tea. Put on music and see where you end up.
4) Listen to a record straight through without doing anything else. Sometimes music needs your full attention.
5) Doodle. Who cares how shitty of an artist you are? Give it a shot. Create.
6) Go to coffee shops. There’s a million in the city. Get out of the house for a while.
7) Ask a friend to go to dinner. Simply as friends and for no particular reason. Pick up the bill.
8) Allow yourself to fall in love. Let things happen. See where it goes. Take the risk."
- Joshua Angell || Eight Things To Start Doing (via perfect)
Since each new day is a chance to change, big or small, why not take advantage over the change(s) that can occur?
102-103/365: April 12-13, 2014
• Palm Sunday